AZERBAIJAN MODEL OF MULTICULTURAL SOCIETY
Docent Murshudova Ulduz Bashir
Key words: ethnic variety, culture, respect, equality, tolerance
The Azerbaijan Republic has led to become a large settlement, its favorable geographical location and rich nature involved the people since ancient times. Azerbaijan is multicultural society and reasons of settling different ethnic groups here is encouragement from the Azerbaijan government.
Multicultural policies were adopted by local government from 1995.The Constitution of the Azerbaijan Republic has recognized and guaranteed respect for the rights and freedoms of everyone in spite of their origin, race, religion and language. Constitutional Act on the sovereignty of the Azerbaijan Republic is confirmed that all citizens of Azerbaijan are equal before the law.
Today, Azerbaijan is distinguished by the ethnic variety: together with Azerbaijan Turks Mountain Jews, Tats, Talysh, Kurds, Molokans, Ingiloys, Rutuls, Tsakhurs, Avars, Lezgins, Udys, Khinaligs, Grizs, Buduqlus , Russians, Greeks live in this territory. Different culture people have come to Azerbaijan for being protected, getting asylum, economic reasons, tolerance, respect, freedom for religion.
These ethnic groups are the citizens of Azerbaijan and they preserve the elements of their own distinct culture. This culture reflects in the traditions, customs, domestic life, crafts, kitchen and various rituals and ceremonies. Azerbaijan's diverse migrant communities have brought with them food, lifestyle and cultural practices, which have been absorbed into mainstream Azerbaijan culture. One potential reason that Azerbaijanis have more successfully adopted multiculturalism is because it is taught in their public schools. Azerbaijan students are taught about privilege in regards to race, gender, class, sexual orientation, disability and religion.
Azerbaijan State has some following principles:
• Unconditional observance of principles of the country's territorial integrity and its sovereignty;
• The protection of the rights and freedoms of national minorities;
• State guarantee of the protection of the Minority life, languages, cultures.
• Protection the rights of minorities on the basis of relevant laws and presidential decrees of the country's Constitution and the National Assembly;
It also needs to include the following aspects:
• Development of living and working together with Azerbaijan multinational family;
• The preservation of historic friendship and good neighborly relations;
• To strengthen ideological and moral-psychological framework to implement the ideas of patriotism;
• Guarantee the rights of all citizens not depended on nationality, racial, ethnic, religious origin of people
• avoid cases of nationalism and racism; 
Contact between people of different cultures in Azerbaijan has been characterized by tolerance and engagement, but have also occasionally resulted in conflict and rifts.
Azerbaijan has encountered ethnic motivated violence, such as the Khojaly in their own country.